Saturday, October 23, 2010

Carlene Reeves Workshop in San Antonio

Carla and I drove to San Antonio to take a 3 day painting workshop with Carlene Reeves at the Coppini in San Antonio, TX. I drove my new car, which I have named Monty, and we both had a great time! Carla decided to name her little Mini Cooper, Python. While we were driving down to San Antonio we also named her two harps, Felix and Victoria and the GPS is named Betsy. We are good at entertaining ourselves on a long trip, ha ha! We didn't realize it at the time but Betsy was an appropriate name for the GPS because thank goodness to Betsy we drove all the way to San Antonio without getting lost once.

 Day one of the workshop Carlene is painting a demo while the students watch intently. This workshop was on painting still life's. Carlene brought all the props for the setups and did a great job arranging them for us before class.
 Carlene's demo that is almost finished. She also painting one on day 2.
This is the Coppini where the workshop was held on the second floor where Carla is standing waving at the camera. This is a beautiful old building that was donated to the city of San Antonio by Mr. Coppini to use for art instruction.

 This shot is of the other side of the Coppini.

I took this photo of the limited parking space standing on the second floor landing. My little Monty fit just fine in the very small parking spots.

Here I am getting ready to think about painting on the first day of the workshop.

This is a photo of the painting and a pic of the still life that I painted on day 2 of the workshop. Each day I improved my skills and needed less help from Carlene who is a great instructor!
I painted this on the third day which was the last day of the workshop. I sure wanted to have at least one more day to paint with Carlene!

Gaye Sekula, who was the workshop coordinator for the Coppini and Carla hit it off great in the workshop. Carla found someone with a sense of humor that she could tease with.
This was taken on the last day of the class. Carlene is helping one of the students with her painting while the others watch to learn. We had such a great time and we both learned so much....now to find time to apply what we learned. Hey, Carla, when are you coming over to paint a still life with me?

No comments: